Comfort food PLUS! What could be more cosy on a bleak, grey morning than warm rice, chocolate, cinnamon…..softly cooked pear….. (hold on, I just gotta go check my fridge – I’m sure there are leftovers in there……)
Pears are so sweet and yummy right now! Juicy and firm. The window of ‘pear ripeness’ is regretfully narrow. Back in the day I worked at a Fruit, Veg and Health Food shop (see, it’s always been in me to love all things wholesome and healthy!)
I remember my boss telling me to get in and buy up the pears as they are at their peak for approx a week, maybe two during the season. Then they becoming ‘trickier’ to ripen.
The pears in this recipe provide a soft, warm, sweet burst of flavour and texture while you eat. Delicious!
- 150g arborio rice (I used arborio because I needed it to cook quickly this morning. Brown would be fine. I’d like to try it with quinoa)
- enough milk to fill up to the 1 litre mark in the TM bowl (you could use coconut milk, almond milk etc)
- 2 tbspn pure, organic maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1/2 tspn cinnamon
- 2 tbsnp raw, organic cacao
- 2 (just) ripe pears, cored and chopped into quarters, then quarters again
- Place all ingredients into Thermomix.
- Cook on Sp 2, 20 minutes, 90 deg
It will thicken on standing – great to pour straight into your Thermoserver.
That’s it! Enjoy!
(If you don’t have a Thermie, you can use a saucepan. Just continue to stir gently to ensure it doesn’t stick.)