Comfort food PLUS! What could be more cosy on a bleak, grey morning than warm rice, chocolate, cinnamon…..softly cooked pear….. (hold on, I just gotta go check my fridge – I’m sure there are leftovers in there……)
Pears are so sweet and yummy right now! Juicy and firm. The window of ‘pear ripeness’ is regretfully narrow. Back in the day I worked at a Fruit, Veg and Health Food shop (see, it’s always been in me to love all things wholesome and healthy!)
I remember my boss telling me to get in and buy up the pears as they are at their peak for approx a week, maybe two during the season. Then they becoming ‘trickier’ to ripen.
The pears in this recipe provide a soft, warm, sweet burst of flavour and texture while you eat. Delicious!
- 150g arborio rice (I used arborio because I needed it to cook quickly this morning. Brown would be fine. I’d like to try it with quinoa)
- enough milk to fill up to the 1 litre mark in the TM bowl (you could use coconut milk, almond milk etc)
- 2 tbspn pure, organic maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1/2 tspn cinnamon
- 2 tbsnp raw, organic cacao
- 2 (just) ripe pears, cored and chopped into quarters, then quarters again
- Place all ingredients into Thermomix.
- Cook on Sp 2, 20 minutes, 90 deg
It will thicken on standing – great to pour straight into your Thermoserver.
That’s it! Enjoy!
(If you don’t have a Thermie, you can use a saucepan. Just continue to stir gently to ensure it doesn’t stick.)
2 thoughts on “Winter Warming Breakfast – Choc Cinnamon Rice with Pear”
I Iove this recipe! Have made it several times, with several variations; it’s fantastic to mix some superfoods for kidz in for my toddler and she always asks for seconds. We always put chia seeds in, and love this with almond or coconut milk, apple and sultanas (sometimes with cacao sometimes without). I’ve only had my thermomix 2 mths and when you first posted this I was looking for a porridge alternative, and this is fantastic. Thank you!
I’m just thrilled that you like it! I’m going to play with your ideas too 🙂 I did a vanilla version with apple the other day. You have me all inspired again 🙂