Choc Banana Donuts
I originally found this recipe here, at Janie’s Kitchen. I have tweaked it and altered it to use my pantry staples and to suit the Thermomix.
There is this lady I have become friends with recently who knows me so well! She has brought (and shared) bubbles, recipes, delicious dips and DONUT PANS!! Thank you Lauren ❤ I have immense gratitude for these amazing and like minded women who have come into my life over the past few years – ‘My Tribe’. I love you all so much – I made you some donuts. 🙂
I may or may not have eaten 4 for lunch.
I will never tell.
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 50g coconut sugar (or rapadura)
- 120g organic natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted over warm water)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 230g organic white spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine himalayan crystal salt
- 1 cup chopped raw/organic dark choc of choice
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Whiz the topping ingredients on Sp 9 for approx 20 seconds until fine. Set aside.
2. Mix the bananas, yoghurt and coconut sugar on Sp 3 for 3 sec (scrape down and blend for a further second if needed)
3. Add vanilla and eggs and mix on Sp 3 for 10 seconds. While mixing, slowly drizzle the coconut oil through the lid.
4. Add the flour, baking powder and bicarb soda. Mix on Sp 5 for 5 seconds. (Scrape down and blend for a further second if needed)
5. Add chocolate and mix on Reverse, Sp 3 until just incorporated.
6. Spoon carefully into donut pan. Ensure each section is no more than 3/4 full.
7. Bake in moderate oven for approx 12-15 minutes (or until the centre springs back when touched)
8. Allow to cool slightly. Remove from pan while still warm and dip into cinnamon / coconut sugar mixture.
9. Eat immediately!!!!!!!
10. Repeat the process regularly 🙂