This recipe is totally and utterly the result of my fan-like devotion to all things ‘Tenina’!
Here is the link to the original recipe for Strawberry Vanilla Jam.
Every year I wait, (IM)patiently, for strawberry season to begin. THIS is why!
This recipe has been slightly tweaked to reduce the sugar content (I use less each time) and I add less apple as I find it is such a firm jam without the whole apple.
2 punnets strawberries (washed, then hulled)
rapadura (half the weight of the strawberries after hulling)
half an apple, sliced, skin on
large piece of lemon zest (no pith) and approx 1 tbspn lemon juice
half vanilla bean
- Place all ingredients in Thermie bowl. (I have reduced the amount of sweetener. Eg, the last time, I had 420g fruit and 170g rapadura)
- Cook on Varoma temp, Sp 1 for 30 minutes, placing basket on top in place of the MC
- Many jam recipes will call for testing on chilled plates to see if your jam ‘wrinkles’. I find this jam is really thick every time, but if you want to, drip some of the hot jam onto a cold plate and ‘push’ it to see if it looks thick.
- Allow to cool slightly and pour into sterilised jars.
- Hurry up and make some scones, cos you are gonna NEED them soon – knowwhatimsayin’?