Hi, my name is Angela, and I am a TERRIBLE blogger! I cook and I cook and I eat and THEN I remember I should actually be taking pictures of some of this food and sharing the recipes!
Today I remembered. Mid-chew I stopped, took some pictures and tried my very best to remember what I had thrown into the bowl to create these little morsels of YUM…..
I made the yummy Carrot Cakes from Cooking for Busy Mums and began browsing for some other lunchbox bits and pieces for the week.
I found these scrummy looking bikkies and thought I would have a play with the ingredients I had in my pantry, as you do 🙂
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
1 cup puffed rice
1/4 cup puffed amaranth
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup dried fruit, chopped (I had dried mulberries and pineapple on hand – you could use whatever you prefer)
1/2 cup Berry Choc Chunk
1/4 cup C Berry Blast
2 tbsp raw cacao powder (because you can never have too much chocolate, dontcha know!)
1 cup preferred plain flour (I used spelt which is NOT gluten free)
100g melted butter or coconut oil
1/4 cup maple (or rice malt syrup)
1 tsp bicarb soda
2 tbspn boiling water
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Melt butter, add sweetener and mix thoroughly.
3. In a separate small bowl mix bicarb and boiling water together.
4. Pour melted butter mixture into dry ingredients with bicarb mixture and stir through well.
5. Grease mini muffin tins with a little coconut oil or butter. Lightly press spoonfuls into each section.
6. Bake in a moderate oven (fan forced around 160 deg) for approx 10 minutes.
7. Allow to cool completely before removing from tin.
I have to say, the kids literally licked their plates clean and I had to hide the remaining bites so there would be some left for lunchboxes!